We are thrilled to share our hometown pride and excitement over autumn by co-sponsoring Gillett’s Homecoming and Harvest Days!
During the week of September 26 – October 1, we will collaborate with the Gillett School District and local community to bring some homecoming fun to everyone!
Monday, Sept. 19 – Friday, Sept. 23: If you are a graduate of Gillett High School or a current or former staff member of the Gillett School District, stop by Gillett City Hall or Gillett Library to pick up an Alumni yard sign or Staff Member sign to proudly post in your yard during the week of Homecoming!
Monday, Sept. 26 – Saturday, Oct. 1: LET’S SEE THOSE YARD SIGNS! We are proud to have so many Gillett School District staff members and alumni living in our community!! Take a browse around town and see how many you can find!
- Monday, Sept. 26 – Friday, Sept. 30: We are asking kids, community members, and businesses to partake in the school’s themed DRESS UP DAYS! Share your outfits on social media to show off your school and community pride!
- Monday – Adam Sandler Dress-A-Like (High School); Favorite Sports Team (Elem School)
- Tuesday – Fake an Injury (High School); Exercise or Workout (Elem School)
- Wednesday – Class Colors (High School); Villain / Superhero (Elem School)
- Thursday – Villain / Superhero (High School) Gillett Tiger / Red, Black, White (Elem School)
- Friday – No School
- Monday, Sept. 26 – Friday, Sept. 30: Take a stroll down our city streets and check out the homecoming themed WINDOW ART! Who can decorate best!? (Business hosts to be announced.) We will share photos on social media as artwork is completed.
- Tuesday, Sept. 27: Check out the high school junior varsity and varsity volleyball teams as they compete on their home turf in a triangular versus Coleman and Suring at Gillett High School – T.S. Lindow Gymnasium and Gillett Elementary School. Games begin at 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 29: The Girls and Boys Cross Country Team will be hitting the trails for the Pulaski Invitational starting at 4:50 p.m. at the Pulaski Polka Grounds.
- Friday, Sept. 30: Head down to the Frank J. Runge Veterans Memorial football field on the school’s west end as the Tigers 8-man football team takes on Wausaukee in a traditional Homecoming matchup. Homecoming Court will be announced at halftime.
- Friday, Sept. 30: Following the football game, make your way to Zippel Park where the Gillett Area Firefighters will be overseeing the community bonfire! Bring your blankets, chairs, and chitchat with friends and family.
- Saturday, Oct. 1:
- 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. Stroll down city streets to find some goodies during the Sidewalk Sales. (Participating businesses to be announced.)
- 8 a.m. – Registration for Corn Hole Tournament. See below for more information and registration!
- 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Music mix at Zippel Park
- 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Variety of Kids Games at Zippel Park
- 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Flea and Farmers Market at Zippel Park. Click here to be a vendor!
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Food Trucks (Participating trucks to be announced.)
- 10 a.m. Pumpkin Carving Contest – Bring your carved pumpkin down to the park to be judged for a chance to win a prize! Drop off between 9-10 a.m. Judging will take place between 10-11 a.m. Winners will be announced at 11:30 a.m.