The City crew makes every effort to plow the City streets as soon as the snowfall is over.
• Many times they are out opening streets before the snow stops falling.
• The snowplowing crew removes all the snow from the 100 & 200 Blocks of East Main and Railroad Streets and from the 100 Block north and the 100 Block south of Lake Street.
• As the winter progresses, the crew, using a large snow blower and dump truck, will remove snow from the banks on the side streets as time and circumstances permit.
Winter Parking Regulations
It is unlawful to park on any city street between the hours of 2:00 A.M. and 6:00 A.M. November 1st through April 1st.
• This ordinance was enacted to allow the Street Department to plow snow unobstructed.
• It is unlawful to cross plow snow or deposit snow in any city street.
• Violators of this ordinance are ticketed by the Gillett Police Department and the vehicles may be towed at the owner’s expense.
Please review the Removal of Snow from Sidewalk Ordinance for more information.